Lamelle - The science of skin
Lamelle Research Laboratories is a biotechnology research company that manufacture’s products locally for the South African market.
With a special interest in cosmetic dermatology, all products that are developed follow a rigorous programme of review, research and meticulous production.
Lamelle Research Laboratories was the first to launch Nobel Price winning nano-capsulated Recombinant Human Growth Factors 100% homologues to human protein in South Africa, which has proven to be popular with doctors and therapist due to its results for anti-aging under the brand Dermaheal. This is one of many firsts for Lamelle including Ovelle, the first oral supplement for hormonal pigmentation / melasma.
Innovative firsts from Lamelle
- Launch of Beta Peel – medical grade salicylic acid peeling system (Oct 2006)
- Launch of the US FDA cleared Mattioli Transderm – (Nov 2007)
- Launch of Portrait Plasma resurfacing (Feb 2007)
- Launch of iPulse Intense Pulsed Light technology (Sept 2006)
- Launch of rH Growth Factors Technology (Oct 2006)
- Launch of Ovelle oral antioxidant for Hormonal Pigment and Melasma (May 2007)
- Launch of Collagen Induction Therapy (Sept 2006)
- Launch of neurosensory inhibiting factors in chemical peels (August 2008)
- Launch of the new combination Melapeel systems (August 2008)
- Launch of pigment inhibiting peptides used in Luminesce – a 1st in South Africa (May 2009)
- Launch of Clarity and Acnevelle (February 2010)
- Launch of Correctives Cathepzyme (October 2011)
- Launch of Nourish - First free radical protection system with propriety ingredients (February 2012)